Kitchen Assistant £9.50-£9.75 per hour
Hazelhurst Nursing Home, Bishopswood, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, HR9 5QX
If you are keen to be part of a growing organisation that’s focused on delivering the highest quality care and looking for a rewarding career that comes with excellent training and great opportunities, then come and join the team at Herefordshire Care Homes as a Kitchen Assistant.
To ensure that the kitchen and related areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition at all times; observing and maintaining food hygiene standards. To assist the Head Chef/Second Chef as directed in food preparation.
• Assist, as directed, with the preparation of produce for meal time service this may include cooking of breakfast items, vegetable preparation and the making of sandwiches.
• To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
• To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
• To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
• To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
• To ensure that all crockery, cutlery and drinking vessels for residents use are thoroughly cleaned using the main kitchen dish washing machine.
• To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
• Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef/Second Chef, or Home Manager.