Domestic Assistant £9.50-£9.75
Part Time 18 hrs
If you are keen to be part of a growing organisation that’s focused on delivering the highest quality care and looking for a rewarding career that comes with excellent training and great opportunities, then come and join the team at Herefordshire Care Homes as a Domestic Assistant
Being a Domestic Assistant at Herefordshire Care Homes
Domestic Assistants at Herefordshire Care Homes come from all walks of life. You may have no or minimal experience but are keen to explore a new career in care. If you are kind, friendly and care about the life about older people then we could have just the role for you.
Led by the Head Housekeeper, you’ll be responsible for carrying out all cleaning duties including communal areas, resident’s rooms and en-suites. You’ll make sure on a daily basis that deep cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard, complying with infection control guidelines. It’s important that you respect the privacy and individual needs of the residents. You may or may not have worked in a care home before but it is important to us that you are a caring, positive person with a strong attention to detail whilst taking pride in ensuring a clean and welcoming environment for our residents as well as families and visitors
What you’ll need
Experience of a previous Domestic role would be useful, not necessarily. More important though is your kind-hearted nature, your belief in teamwork and your ability to use your initiative and imagination, follow instructions and prioritise a busy workload. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
Ensuring that we provide a clean environment for our residents and staff, providing a high quality service and high standards of cleanliness, ensuring compliance with infection control procedures.
• Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
• Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
• Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
• Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Housekeeper.
• Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
• To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
• To comply with COSHH regulations.
• To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
• To ensure the correct use of PPE.
• To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
• Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
• To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
• To ensure bathrooms are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy.